Some Technical Reasons Why You Can't Connect to Our Website:
1) Do you have a firewall running on your computer or do you have a firewall as part of a router?
Check that your firewall policy allows for SSL (port 443) to connect to our website.
SSL is required in order for us to make a secure connection to your computer over the internet.
2) Do you have Security or Privacy settings on a high level on your web browser (e.g. IE)
which does not allow cookies or may block our website?
Check that your browser (Internet Explorer (IE), Netscape, etc.) setting allows our website to connect to your computer:
- Check that your Security setting is not set to High
- Check that Privacy setting (under Advanced) allows/doesn't block our website.
3) Do you use Rogers as your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
Recently, students using Rogers as their ISP, have reported problems reaching our website. Roger Tech Support says that to correct this problem, users should do the following:
- Clear your browser's cache: In IE (Internet Explorer), go to Tools->Internet Options->General->Check DELETE FILES under Temporary Internet Files
- Next, (in IE) go to Tools->Internet Options-> Connections ->Lan settings ->UNCHECK Automatically Detect Settings,UNCHECK automatic configuration script
- Close the browser and then try to visit our website.
If none of the above describe your problem, please email us at email@example.com with the following details:
- your ISP (e.g. Sympatico, Rogers)
- your browser version (e.g. Internet Explorer 6 - IE6)
- your browser security and privacy settings
- Are you using a software firewall or a router with firewall?
- Do you experience this problem with a specific web browser? If so, can you try another browser?
- Please always provide your IP address when you contact us with connection problems.
University of Toronto