|2013 Summer Work Study Program
|Students do NOT have to be OSAP eligible
|Positions are open to all undergraduates (i.e., domestic and international students, students studying on a part-time basis - at least 1.0 credit continuously - 40% of a full course load - from May to August) AND graduate students.
- Students registered in Toronto School of Theology programs are NOT eligible for Work Study positions.
- No course load averaging is permitted.
Students are only permitted to accept one Work Study position per program period.
- Hiring Deadline: Earlier of Friday, May 31, 2013 or when the Work Study budget has been committed.
- Work Study Program will run from Monday, May 6, 2013 to August 2, 2013 (NO EXTENSIONS)
Hours/Rate of Pay
- Work Study employees will be paid monthly.
- Pay Rate: $10.25 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
- Maximum Weekly Hours: 12 hours per week
- Maximum Total Hours: 90
Applying and Being Hired
Starting May 6, 2013, students who meet the basic eligibility criteria can review and apply for Work Study positions at www.careers.utoronto.ca. If you are hired into a Work Study position, you will be required to complete the Work Study Hiring Form.
- Complete the Student`s Information, Employment Information and Declaration of Eligibility sections of the Hiring Form.
- Have your employer complete the Hiring section.
- Submit the completed Work Study Hiring Form to Enrolment Services before the hiring deadline.
Confirmation of your participation in the Work Study Program will be sent to your ROSI mailing address.
- Set up your payroll information at the Payroll Office at the department that hired you. You must do this immediately after receiving your Payroll Package. Exception: If you have been hired by a federated college, please contact Enrolment Services.
- Your payroll information will be sent to your Employer.
- You will be paid monthly, unless you already have a union position within the University. Please observe the Payroll Schedule to ensure that you are paid each month.
- Timesheets can be downloaded from the Administrative Management Systems website.