On this page:
Where and how do I begin? And what do I do next?
- Ask yourself about your interests, and the type of work environment that is important to you?
How do you prefer to approach activities,
and how do you like to connect with people? What are you good at doing? What
skills you have developed and enjoy using?
- Check out the question “How do I get Started?”
- Once you have looked at you, then you can begin to explore various types of career
areas that you have an interest in. Get as close up as you can to the occupation
that you are interested in. For more information see “I want to know more about
a specific career”
How do I make a decision?
- This can be challenging especially with big decisions. Just know that for the average
person, more than one career is now the norm.
- Meet with us for a 10-minute conversation to get help determining your next step(s). Drop in Monday to Friday, between 2:00 – 4:00pm
- Review different decision-making models
Should I continue my education?
If you want to continue your education for the sake of learning, that’s good. However
you may want to consider this question once you have chosen an occupation. To learn
more about this, read the Getting More Education guide. If. while
research, you have discovered that additional schooling is required, the decision
may have been made for you.