This workshop will guide you through the process of creating a resume and cover letter that highlights
your relevant skills and effectively tailors your experiences to meet a potential employer's needs.
Who is this for?
- All students applying for full time, part time, and summer employment. Not intended for those applying to positions in academia.
What will I learn?
- How to determine which of my personal, technical, and transferable skills to highlight
- Three methods for determining employer needs
- How to analyze different resume formats and select one that best markets my skills and abilities
- How to create a tailored resume and cover letter
What others have said
"I learned how to tailor a resume to the employer needs; gave us more options
of how to do a resume"
"It allows someone to choose a format that most suits your background"
"Dispelled my misconceptions about the cover letter"